How To Make DIY Painted Coaster From Ice Cream Sticks
This is not a usual treat of ice cream sticks. Why? Because I made those ice cream sticks into a wooden plate. From there, I have some great ideas for functional decorations to make. I love functional decorations instead of just plain decoration. More meaning! More functional items in our home is better, something pretty yet useful. So, first thing first. On this occasion, I will show you how to make diy painted coaster from ice cream sticks.
What do you need to make a painted coaster out of ice cream sticks?
- Ice cream sticks
- Glue (for wood)
- Spray paint – white color
- Acrylic paint – red, white, black color
- Paint brush
- Organic rope
- UHU glue
How to diy a painted coaster from ice cream sticks?
- Apply glue (for wood) evenly along the ice cream stick surface. Glue the ice cream sticks to each other one by one. Watch for the same length and width.
- Line them all up until it is square in dimension.
- Let it sit for a while until the glue dry and become a firm wooden panel.
- Spray or apply paint to all the surfaces of the ice cream sticks panel with white color. Let it dry.
- Take organic rope and arrange it gently but firmly around the coaster surface by creating an inner frame. Glue it with UHU. Let it dry.
- Paint the inner coaster with white acrylic paint to have more contrast. Let it dry.
- Paint the wording and the mug with black paint. Let it dry.
- Color the mug with red gradations and the help of white acrylic paint to get a 3D look on the mug. Let it dry.
- Fill out some blank space on above and below corners with 3 red dots each. let it dry.
- Your diy painted coaster from ice cream sticks is ready.
You can be creative with the painting for the ice cream sticks coaster, the object, the colors or the wording. I chose the red color for great contrast. You can choose any theme according to your home color theme or party theme or simply your favorite color / object.
The ice sticks became a solid wood and made into a strong and thick drink coaster. It can also used for bowl of hot soup coaster. It’s easy, cheap and fun to do. So, happy trying!
I entered my diy painted coaster from ice cream sticks to following challenges:
- Mix It Up – Anything goes + mixed media
- Love To Craft – July anything goes
- My time To Craft – Sketchy time
- Dream Valley Challenges – All things bright and beautiful
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything goes
- Crafting With An Attitude – Always anything goes
- Sparkles Monthly Challenges – Let’s be pretty
- We Love To Create – Anything creative mixed media goes
Please follow me to find more future posts about using ice cream sticks for functional home decorations and more other creative handmade.
Ice Stick to creativity!
See you very soon!