DIY Pink Dahlia Flower Pot Holder From Ice Cream Sticks
As I have promised on my previous post (DIY Painted Coaster From Ice Cream Sticks), I will show more how to make use of ice cream sticks with unusual way. I made those ice cream sticks into wooden plates. you don’t need to use heavy tool to cut wooden plank and make wooden decoration. It is convenient, practical, super easy and cheap. It only takes two delicate hands and glue to do it.
So, this time, another functional decorations to make, a flower-pot holder from ice cream sticks. to give more personal and summer touch, I will paint the flower-pot holder with a pink dahlia plus the wording “la fleur” (It’s a French, which in English means the flower).
What do you need to DIY pink dahlia flower-pot holder from ice cream sticks?
- Ice cream sticks
- Glue (for wood)
- Spray paint – white color
- Acrylic paint – red, white, green, black color
- Paint brush
How to make a pink dahlia flower-pot holder from ice cream sticks?
- Apply glue (for wood) evenly along the ice cream stick surface. Glue the ice cream sticks to each other one by one. Watch for the same length and width.
- Line them all up and make set of it. One is around 25 cm (or twice more the length of the ice cream stick), the second one is square in dimension, and the third one is around a dozen of sticks.
- Let it sit for a while until the glue dry and become a firm wooden panel.
- Spray or apply paint to all the surfaces of the ice cream sticks panel with white color paint. Let it dry.
- Paint the longest panel on the top area with white acrylic paint. Paint the pink dahlia on the white-painted area and the word “la fleur”. Let it dry.
- Glue the three panels in a way like on the picture.
- Your diy pink dahlia wall flower-pot holder from ice cream sticks is ready.
You can be creative with the painting for the ice cream sticks flower-pot holder, the object, the colors or the wording. You can choose any theme according to your home color theme or simply your favorite color or favorite summer flower. I chose the soft pink dahlia which I love most for vintage shabby look, besides blue. And I painted the french word “la fleur” to add more vintage feeling. You can also mount it on the wall and become a wall holder, for that you might need an L shape steel on the bottom for strength .
I hope you can try my idea of making flower-pot holder from ice cream sticks with your own personal touch and find it easy, cheap, no heavy tools involved and fun. Well, have a good fun trying!
I entered my DIY pink dahlia flower-pot holder from ice cream sticks to following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge Blog – In my garden
- That’s Crafty – Close to nature
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Summer
- Dream Valley Challenges – All things bright and beautiful
- Inkspirational –
- International Art & Soul – Summer fun
- The Sisterhood Of Crafters – What’s YOUR Favorite Color???
- Love To Craft – July anything goes
- Altered Eclectics – Anything goes
- Sparkles Monthly Challenges – Let’s be pretty
- We Love To Create – Anything creative mixed media goes
Please follow me to find more future posts about using ice cream sticks for functional home decorations and more other creative DIYs.
Still, Ice Stick to creativity!
See you again, soon!