DIY Boy’s Animal Painted Wooden Box From Popsicle Sticks
This month of summer season is full of my diy popsicle sticks, you must find it a lot during this hot summer holiday. Unlike other popsicle stick craft, I make it into a wooden panel, so you can be more creative with it but got the look of wooden panel. It’s like finding a new way to make a Lego that you can use to build anything you like. So, after I made a coaster, a painted flower-pot holder, a decorated wall hanger from popsicle stick; this time I made a boy’s wooden box with painted animal from popsicle sticks.
Things you need to make DIY animal painted wooden box from popsicle sticks?
- Popsicle sticks
- Glue (for wood)
- Spray paint – light blue color
- Acrylic paint – red, white, green, brown, yellow, orange color
- Paint brush
- Drawer knob
How to DIY animal painted wooden box from popsicle sticks?
- Apply glue (for wood) evenly along the popsicle stick surface. Glue the popsicle sticks to each other one by one. Watch for the same length and width.
- Line them all up and make six set of it. Two sets are around 14 cm (5.5 inches) for the bottom and cover of the box, another 4 sets are square in dimension for the four sides of the box.
- Let it sit for a while until the glue dry and become a firm wooden panel.
- Spray or apply paint to all the surfaces of the ice cream sticks panel with blue color paint. Let it dry.
- Paint the four sets of popsicle sticks panel with round shape of white color acrylic paint. Let it dry.
- Paint each panel of the four sets with animal shape. I drew a brown pony, a purple elephant, a green dinosaur, and an orange duck. Let it dry.
- Glue the four painted panels on top of the long panel to shape a box. Let it dry.
- Glue a drawer handle on another long panel to serve as a cover to the box. Let it dry.
- Your DIY boy’s animal painted wooden box from popsicle sticks is ready.
You can paint other animal of your kid’s favorite. And for the girls, you can change the box’s color into pink or other of her favorite color.
It is a fun project to do and a great gift for kids. They would love to put their precious little toys in the box. But, you can also change this project for adult box by painting flowers, scenery or other objects. Just be creative with it. So, let’s get creative and happy trying!
I entered my DIY animal painted wooden box from popsicle sticks to following challenges:
- Dream Valley Challenges – All things bright and beautiful
- The Male Room – Include an unexpected item
- Altered Eclectics – Anything goes
- Make My Monday – Coloured Image
- Sunny Day Crafting – Animal project (any theme)
- The Crafty Addicts – All about pets
- Crafty Creations – Anything goes
- The Corrosive Challenge Blog – July anything goes
- Scrap From Your Heart – Anything goes
Always stick to creativity!