DIY Artwork Paper For Personalized Decoupage
Most of the time we could not find a perfect pattern for our decoupage project. Especially when it comes to personalization. We will have trouble finding the closest pattern with our personalize project.
Decoupage can come from many variable materials, for example are tissue paper, thin fabric, wrapping paper, etc.
For those who’s not familiar, “Decoupage or Découpage is the art of decorating an object by gluing colored paper cutouts onto it in combination with special paint effects, gold leaf and other decorative elements” (Wikipedia). This is an easy project that only need some patience and steady hand to cut complicated pattern.
For my artwork paper project, I used sketch paper or can also use baking paper. I chose this paper because it is very thin but firm enough to be drawn and colored.
I need baking related pattern for my decoupage project. So, I drew a cupcake, a croissant and a strawberry with a sentiment of “Baking with love”. I tried to present it in vintage drawing style.
I used watercolor pencils for the coloring media. I used more pastel colors to achieve the vintage look.
You can be creative with the pattern of artwork paper for decoupage even though you are not that great with hand drawing; you can use stamps, template rulers, etc. So, good luck!
I included my artwork paper on challenges below:
- Make My Monday – Coloured image
- Crafty Friends – Food / drink
- Crafty Creations – Anything goes
- Scrap From Your Heart – Anything goes
- Cardz 4 Galz – Food and or drink
- Tuesday Throwdown – Heatwave (use hot colors)
- Use Your Stuff – With a title or sentiment
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes/Optional Twist – Create Your Own Designer Paper.
- Crafting With An Attitude – Just for fun
I also play at Paint Party Friday.
See you soon!
Have a great creative week!