DIY Baking Tool Holder With Personalized Decoupage From Popsicle Sticks
On last week I have shown you an artwork paper for personalized decoupage. Today, I showed you how to make a baking tool holder from popsicle sticks and decoupage it with the artwork paper I have made. It’s not really a complicated decoupage since I included the background, so it did not need any difficult cut out, but more like pasting a sticker. Maybe next time I will show true decoupage which need more complicated cut out elements.
Things you need to make DIY baking tool holder with decoupage from popsicle sticks?
- Popsicle sticks
- Glue (for wood)
- Spray paint – white color and clear color
- Personalized decoupage artwork paper
How to DIY baking tool holder with decoupage from popsicle sticks?
- Apply glue (for wood) evenly along the popsicle stick surface. Glue the popsicle sticks to each other one by one. Watch for the same length and width.
- Line them all up and make five set of it. One set is around 14 cm (6 inches) for the bottom of the box. Another 4 sets are around 25 cm (12 inches) for the four sides of the box, enough to hold baking tools.
- Let it sit for a while until the glue dry and become a firm wooden panel.
- Spray or apply paint to all the surfaces of the ice cream sticks panel with white color paint. Let it dry.
- Glue the four painted panels on top of the long panel to shape a box. Let it dry.
- Cut out the artwork paper on the element you wanted to use for decoupage.
- Glue the cut element to the front side of the box. Let it dry.
- Paint the decoupage element with clear paint. Let it dry.
- Your DIY baking tool holder with personalized decoupage from popsicle stick is ready.
It is easy to do it yourself a baking tool holder from popsicle sticks and it is fun to do a personalized decoupage. So, let’s try your own baking tool holder with decoupage and upgrade your diy skills.
This would be my last project, at least for now, on how to make use of popsicle / ice cream sticks in a new way by making it into wooden panel which can be transformed into many functional home decorations. And the best part is no use of heavy tools and no heavy labor like sawing wooden panel etc. I have shown you some variations of these popsicle sticks projects; from painted coaster, painted flower pot holder, decorated wall hanger, boy’s animal painted wooden box and last this baking tool holder with decoupage; all from popsicle sticks.
I entered my DIY baking tool holder from popsicle sticks to following challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner – Tropical colors
- Use Your Stuff – Free week
- Love To Craft – August anything goes
- Altered Eclectics – Anything goes
- Crafting By Design – Anything goes
See you again soon!
Explore your creativity!