DIY Gold Decorative Skeleton Leaves
On my previous post I have given a simple tutorial on how to make diy skeleton leaves without chemical. Some are perfectly done but I also got ones with defects. Small part of the skin was dried before it reach decaying process, so the skin still intact to the skeleton, can not be removed. But no need to straight away throw them as they can be turned into something useful and pretty. On this post I’m going to show you how to use those defected skeleton leaves into decorative leaves.
Since we all need lots of inspiration for the autumn season decorations, I made the leaves art in shimmering gold. Fancy! So, need to prepare :
- Skeleton leaves ( I used the defected ones).
- Gold paint
- Paint brush
- Gold glitter
- Red glitter
- Bling stickers
- Black Acrylic paint
How to make diy decorative leaves?
- Paint the leaves with gold paint. I don’t dye it because I don’t want to waste too much of my gold paint. So I painted it. Leave it dry.
- Put the painted leaves on the pages of a book and press it for couple of hours until it firmed.
- Apply some glue and then pour some gold glitter on the defected area of the skeleton leaf. Decorate it as you desired, don’t just cover the defected area but also give some artsy touch to it. Then, leave it dry.
- You can play with more decoration, bling stickers, glitters, paint etc.
- Now you got yourself some decorative leaves from defected leaves. From here, you can make use of the decorative skeleton leaves into lots of other purposes.
I got 5 gold skeleton leaves with 5 different look. The black and gold, the red and gold, the gold and flowery bling, the plain gold and the last one is the bling gold. the plain gold was the one with the most minor defect, so after I painted it with gold, the defect did not show.
I wanted to pick one of the decorative leaf as my journal mark, but I haven’t decided yet. But if I have chosen one, I will have it pressed with plastic sheet and give some ribbon or something. In that way, I can preserve the decorative leaf as a firm journal mark.
The rest of the gold decorative I kept it in case I need some decorative leaves to decor other projects, especially during this autumn season.
Well, I hope my diy gold decorative skeleton leaves bring some inspiration to your diy fall decorations or gifts.
See you all again!
Be gold in creativity!
I entered challenges of my DIY Gold Decorative Skeleton Leaves on:
- Make My Monday – Autumn / Fall Colours
- Crafty Sentiments – Fall Colors
- International Art & Soul – Nature
- A Bit More Time To Craft – Anything Goes
- Altered Eclectics – Anything Goes
- Everybody Art Challenge – Anything Goes