DIY Grateful Thanksgiving Sign
It has been grateful weeks for me. Many good things I received on these last few weeks. And this month is a thanksgiving month, a thankful month. Days ago I just finished a simple Thank You card and on this post I was encouraged to make a diy thanksgiving sign.
It’s a simple painting of blue pumpkin that I painted in vintage style. I love vintage style with shade of blue colors. If you’re not a painter person, just use stamps, printing or decoupage. I used wooden cutting board as the media for the sign, I think it is more relate to the grateful pumpkin sign.
So what did I prepare for my Grateful Thanksgiving sign?
- Wooden cutting block
- White spray paint
- Black acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Organic rope
- Paint brush
It’s a painting work I’m afraid. So, the steps to do it are basically painting :
- Spray paint the wooden cutting block with white spray paint. Let it dry.
- Draw a sketch of the sentiment and the pumpkin, blueberries, leaves, hydrangea with pencil.
- Draw the “Grateful” word with black paint, using paint brush. Let it dry.
- Paint the blue pumpkin, blueberries, hydrangea and leaves. Let it dry.
- Paint the background with light stroke of grey to get a rustic look. Let it dry. I found it easier this way than to sand it.
- The Grateful Thanksgiving Sign is finished!
The DIY ”Grateful” sign complimented by the blue pumpkin with vintage style and a bit rustic look. It would make a beautiful home decoration for you to hang it on your dinning room so you can always be grateful for all that served in your dinning table. Beautiful way to be reminded. And of course, it is a great accessories to add to your thanksgiving decorations.
See you again!
Be grateful in creativity!
I play on Paint Party Friday
I entered below challenges for this DIY Grateful Thanksgiving Sign :
- Try It On Tuesday – Thankful
- Brown Sugar Challenge – Gratitude, kindness or thankfulness
- Use Your Stuff – Thank You
- Inkspirational –
- Dare 2 B Artzy – Thanks
- A Bit More Time To Craft – Anything goes
- Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends – Anything goes
- Crafting With An Attitude – Anything goes
- Altered Eclectics – Anything goes