DIY Hand Painted Christmas Joy Sign
Recently I found it amusing to do it yourself some hand painted signs, especially on this end of the year, there are so many occasion to celebrate. A simple diy sign can really do a great job on your home decor. And after I made Fall Sign, Halloween Sign, Thanksgiving Sign, now it’s time for Christmas Sign! A jolly season that will end the year in joy.
So what did I prepare for my Grateful Thanksgiving sign?
- Balsa wood plank
- White spray paint
- Black acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Red acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Gold acrylic paint
- Silver acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Drawing pen
I hand painted this sign, so not much crafting steps to do, but more to the painting works :
- Cut the balsa wood plank in desired dimension, mine was 14.5 inches x 4 inches (36 cm x 10 cm). I choose balsa wood because it’s an easy wood to work with, especially the plank, it’s thin and you can even cut it with scissors.
- Spray paint the wooden cutting block with white spray paint. Don’t spray it evenly, so it would leave a rustic look. Leave the edges to be in its wooden color character. Let it dry.
- Draw a sketch of the sentiment and the jingle balls plus holy foliage with pencil.
- Draw the “Joy” word with drawing pen, it’s a lot easier than painting it.
- Paint the red and gold jingle bells with the holy foliage. Let it dry.
- Don’t forget to add some shading to the jingle balls.
- The Christmas Joy Sign is finished!
It is a simple diy sign, I love the word “Joy”, because it reflects Christmas and also reminds me to be joyful all year-long. And the jingle balls feels like the best Christmas touch that makes everything merrier. This hand painted Joy sign is a great decoration to express your joyful feeling to welcome Christmas in coming winter season.
I will welcome this winter with more Christmas diy! So, make sure you follow me to get more creative inspiration for your Christmas holiday decor.
Be joyful creative!
I play on Paint Party Friday
I entered below challenges for this DIY Hand Painted Christmas Joy Sign :
- Make My Monday – Winter Foliage
- That’s Crafty – Winter Wonderland
- My Time To Craft – Let It Snow
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Christmas Is Coming
- 613 Avenue – Christmas / Winter
- CRAFT – Christmas
- Scrap From Your Heart – Jul / Christmas
- Unicorn Challenge – Use A Sentiment
- If You Give A Crafter A Cookie –
- Let’s Craft And Create – A Sketch
- Altered Eclectics – Anything goes