DIY Valentine’s Gift Hourglass
Looking for a special valentine’s gift idea? Let’s try my DIY Valentine’s Gift Hourglass. It would be a special gift with your personal touch. An hourglass that he/she can put on working desk which reminds him/her loved one. It’s a cute gift but easy to make.
Let’s see what do you need to make DIY Valentine’s Gift Hourglass :
- Small used glass bottles (you need two of the same size and shape bottles)
- Balsa wood (thick and thin)
- Pink sand
- White paint
- Silver ribbon
The steps to make DIY Valentine’s Gift Hourglass are very simple, which are:
- Clean the two used glass bottles thoroughly.
- Cut the thick balsa wood into 2 squares (for the bottle’s bottom) and 1 rectangle thin balsa wood with the width of the square balsa and the length of the two bottles.
- Cut thin balsa wood in the shape and size of the bottle’s mouth, a circle. And then drill a hole in the middle.
- Paint the two squares and one rectangle balsa with white paint. Let it dry.
- Glue 1 square balsa into the bottom of one bottle. Let it dry.
- Fill the glued bottle with the pink sand. Secure it with circle balsa and glue it to the bottle’s mouth.
- Glue the other bottle to the filled bottle, mouth to mouth.
- Glue the square balsa to the glued bottle’s bottom.
- Decor it with silver ribbon. I tried to keep it simple so the pink sand would be the main focus.
- Glue the rectangle balsa to the two sides of bottom balsa; it’s used as the hourglass’ background. Finished!
I used whatever bottles I had at home, but it would look nicer if you have shorter and rounder bottles, it would make a very cute hourglass. Easy to make? Yes it is! This DIY Valentine’s Gift Hourglass would be a great choice for a handmade valentine’s gift. And it would be perfect for anyone, just decor the hourglass accordingly to the type of person you’re going to give. Good luck!
Creativity after creativity… .
See you later!
I entered some challenges for my DIY Valentine’s Gift Hourglass:
- A Perfect Time To Craft – Anything goes
- Creations In Pink – Anything Goes Mainly In Pink
- Love To Craft – January Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft – Anything Goes
- The Male Room – Anything Goes / Optional Twist of Beverages
- The Creative Crafters – Anything Goes
- Get Creative – Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner – Make It Sparkle