Today I want to show you on how to make painted farmhouse burlap ribbon bow. This is not just saving some money to buy fancy patterned burlap ribbon, but to have a personalized pattern of the burlap ribbon too. How great it is if you can match the pattern you painted on the burlap ribbon bow with the project that you wanted that needs some burlap bow. You don’t have to buy so many burlap ribbon with different pattern, you just need to paint it as desired.
There are a few things you still need to prepare to make farmhouse burlap ribbon bow, although it’s a very simple project; which are:
- Natural burlap (stiff type and soft type)
- White acrylic paint
- Natural burlap rope
How To Make Painted Farmhouse Burlap Ribbon Bow by yourself? Let’s check out these steps:
- Cut the stiffer natural burlap in the size of desired ribbon, mine was 1.5 inches (4 cm)
- Cut the softer natural burlap in the size of desired ribbon, mine was 3 inches (around 8 cm)
- Paint the stiff burlap ribbon with desired pattern, mine was geometric pattern that matches the diy project I made which was crossed wire on DIY Farmhouse Sign Wire Rack. Paint by using white acrylic paint. Let it dry.
- Tie the soft burlap ribbon into a bow by using natural burlap rope.
- Tie the stiff burlap ribbon into a bow by using natural burlap rope.
- Tie together the soft and stiff burlap bow with natural burlap rope. Secure it!
- Finished! Now you have your own fancy farmhouse pattern burlap ribbon bow.
Easy to make with amazing result, paint it or stamp it, you can choose your best trick to make this Painted Farmhouse Burlap Ribbon Bow. Got inspired? I hope you do and try your own patterned painted burlap ribbon bow in farmhouse style! Happy trying and Happy Mother’s Day!
Make yourself creative!