Another coastal project? Yes, my theme for this coming summer is Nautical or Coastal theme. In that case, most of my summer projects would be things with beachy feeling, marine colors and seaside ornaments. I find it fun to make coastal decoration for home, it has fresh, breezy and relax feelings. This DIY Beach Theme Key Holders is a fun functional home decoration you may use it on your cottage by the sea! 😉
These are the things the I prepared to do the Key Holders with beachy theme:
- Balsa wood
- White and blue acrylic paint
- organic rope
- cotton rope
- Cardboard roll (thick) or you can exchange it with wooden log
- Three hooks
- Drawing pen
How to make DIY Beach Theme Key Holders? Check ot these steps:
- Cut balsa wood into a shape of a bottle and a mini fish.
- Paint the bottle shape with white acrylic paint and the fish with blue paint. Let it dry.
- While you wait for it to dry, install 3 hooks on the bottom side of the cardboard roll as the key holders.
- Write the word “Keys” on the painted bottle shape.
- Glue the fish on the bottle shape plank.
- Tilt organic rope around the bottle’s neck and tie it on the back to secure it. The “keys” sign is ready.
- Glue the “keys” sign of bottle shape to the cardboard roll. Let it dry.
- Tie cotton rope to the cardboard roll to serve as a hanger to the wall.
- Finished! Your key holders with fishy beach theme is ready to be hung.
Easy and very practical, functional yet great for home decoration. This key holders would look great on your coastal theme home. And it has a little rustic touch to it. I guess everyone can try to make this key holders, it’s very easy and quick to make. Happy trying!
And for creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop and link your posts every Monday! Starting June 2019, I will be co-hosting the blog hop and would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
- Altered Eclectics – AG