I have posted How To Make Nautical Ornaments a couple of days ago. An anchor, a ship wheel and a life buoy made from only cotton rope and popsicle sticks. I used the ship wheel as an ornament to my coastal home sign. A sign with the word “Home” with a ship wheel as the “o”.
Let’s see what we need to make this DIY Coastal Ship Wheel Home Sign :
- Wood planks (I used balsa wood and kraft cardboard)
- White acrylic paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- Ship wheel ornament
Super easy steps to do it yourself this marine theme home sign:
- If you have a ready wooden plank with a proper size, you can jump to step two. I used balsa wood in a small plank size, so I have to glue two of it with Kraft cardboard as the back structure.
- Paint the wooden plank with dark blue and let it dry.
- Arrange the home wording along with the ship wheel ornament into a good composition. Paint the “h”, “m” and “e” with white paint.
- Glue the ship wheel as an “o” to the sign. Let it dry. Finished!
It’s a great simple diy home sign for beach home on this summer. It will tie in with your nautical theme home. Very pop up blue that screams for coastal look and yet very humble sign. Hope it inspires you to make your own Nautical Ship Wheel Home Sign.
And for creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! Starting June 2019, I will be co-hosting the blog hop and would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Spin Your Wheel of Creativity!