I’ve been wanting to make something for my son’s play room until I made this coastal theme “Buoy’s Room” sign. It’s just a simple diy sign for a boy’s room with nautical theme which perfect for boys. I guess the coastal theme is great for boy’s room because of the blue navy color and all nautical elements which picturing most of boy’s toys even for adult man.
As usual I will share with you the tutorial on how to make the boy’s room sign. but first let’s go through the things you need to prepare for this DIY Coastal Buoy’s Room Sign:
- Wooden plank ( I used balsa wood, light and easy to cut)
- A wooden frame ( I used balsa sticks)
- White acrylic paint
- Dark blue acrylic paint
- Red acrylic paint
- Cotton rope
- Lifebuoy ornament (Check out my post on Lifebuoy’s ornament tutorial on how to make nautical ornaments)
Follow these easy steps below and you will got yourself a beautiful Coastal Buoy’s Room Sign :
- Cut the plank or balsa wood into rectangle in 1:2.5 proportion.
- Cut the wooden sticks into four sides as the frame to the wooden plank.
- Paint the plank with dark blue acrylic paint. Leave to dry.
- Paint the wooden frame sticks with white acrylic paint. Let it dry.
- Sketch the word Buoy’s Room in pencil on the painted plank and then paint it with white acrylic paint by using flat brush. Let it dry
- Paint the top comma with red paint to give an accent because mostly the coastal colors are red, white and blue.
- Glue the lifebuoy’s ornament next to the wording of “Buoy’s Room.
- Install a cotton rope on the back of the sign as a hanger. I just taped the rope to the back of the sign as I used a light balsa wood, so that should be enough to hold the weight. Finished!
It’s simple with nautical colors of red, white and blue. The dark blue is a real contrast to the white lifebuoy ornament and the white wording of “buoy’s room”. This is a great way to decorate your kid’s room, especially boy’s room with coastal theme. Coastal theme is a nice choice for summer decor too. Well then, have a wonderful time to try your own touch to the diy coastal sign!
And for creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! Starting June 2019, I will be co-hosting the blog hop and would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
To my creative buoy!
I entered challenges :
- Altered Eclectics – AG