Summer holiday are the best time for kids to play outside, but sometimes you need to keep them inside. Doing fun worksheet would be a great indoor activity for kids; not just fun but it’s also keep your kids to work with their creative mind in exciting way. A Fun learning during holiday to keep their mind sharp and ready when the school starts. Looking for other beneficial activity for kids is just as important as keeping them happy. Taking part in a contest would also be an amazing experience for kids. They can learn, motivated, gain experiences, and sharpen their creativity.
Guess what? You can get your kids to have those two fantastic experiences in this one post! What? How? Yes, let me explain, I was introduced to this wonderful contest for school age kids, which presented by Education.com. The contest encourages kids in/entering K-5th grade to think creatively about what education means to them and use their art, writing, and language skills to express their ideas. The price for the winner is amazing plus you get your kids to do the fun learning experiences! Your kids can do art in many ways, check out the details below!
Limitless Learners Contest
Win $500 for college plus $1000 for a school or library.
Pictures by education.com
Six (6) students will be selected to win the following:
- $500 to contribute to future education expenses.
- $1000 donation for their school or local library.
- Premium lifetime membership to Education.com for their educator.
Applicants for the Limitless Learners Contest must:
- Be students in kindergarten to 5th grade as of the 2019–2020 school year.
- Have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Be legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
Students will need to do the following by October 31, 2019 to apply:
- Obtain a completed consent form signed by the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- Respond to the following prompt in the appropriate format (listed below): Describe a time when you were having so much fun, you didn’t realize you were learning something new!
- Kindergarten students: Create a piece of art (e.g. draw or paint a picture) and write about what is happening, or ask an adult to write a sentence or two describing your picture.
- 1st grade students: Create a piece of art (e.g. draw or paint a picture) and write 1–3 sentences about it.
- 2nd grade students: Write a short story (5–8 sentences) and create at least one picture to illustrate it.
- 3rd grade: Write a short story, journal entry, or comic strip.
- 4th grade: Write a short story, journal entry, poem, or comic strip.
- 5th grade: Write a personal narrative, short story, poem, or comic strip.
- Submit the above to our judges:
- Via email to email@example.com.
- Via standard mail to:
401 East Third Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
Attn: Limitless Learners
Submissions will be judged based on quality, creativity, storytelling, and originality.
(Above copied from education.com)
Download Application Form
For rules and more details on the contest, visit education.com
So, parents, aunties, uncles, grandparents, teachers, all; get a chance to win a contest for the kids and let them have a great time by earning valuable experiences. Hurry! The closing date is 31 October 2019, apply now and you will get more time to submit your kid’s best work!
Don’t forget to download the free coastal summer printable worksheet! To Celebrate summer fun all season long as your kids can practice their reading and spelling skills with this coastal summer theme word search. The learning can continue all season long at Education.com with more just like this.
Please download below Free Worksheet with Coastal Summer Theme:
For more of my future Nautical Summer theme posts, please follow me! And if you wanted to add my creations to your Pinterest boards, please follow me on Pinterest! Also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
And for creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! Starting June 2019, I will be co-hosting the blog hop and would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Winning by being creative!