This DIY Bling Starfish Ornament From Hot Glue is perfect for summer kids craft. It’s a fun project and the results can be used for anything, key chains, decoration elements, magnets, even accessories. It’s easy to make and you can have fun with blings and paints you use to decorate the starfish.
Things I used to make this hot glue blingy starfishes :
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue (clear)
- Bling stickers (gold, pink and blue)
- Acrylic paint (yellow, pink and blue)
Below are the steps on how to make the hot glue bling bing starfishes:
- Have your hot glue gun ready with the hot glue.
- Apply some lotion to your work surface, just thin layer for easy peeling job.
- Apply hot glue to the applied lotion surface with your starfish shape.
- Lay over the bling sticker on the hot glue starfish while it’s still hot, so that the starfish would hold the blings better than just stick on the blings onto the dry hot glue starfish. Let it dry. I made three with each different colors bling, gold, pink and blue.
- Now this is the peeling job I have mentioned before, peel off the dry hot glue shape from the surface. The lotion layer should make it easier for you to do the peeling.
- Now apply the acrylic paint according to bling’s color, gold with yellow, pink with pink and blue with blue. Let it dry.
- Your DIY bling starfishes are ready!
Your kids would love this craft, it’s easy and fun diy to do together! Creativity to decorate the starfishes into blingy ornaments would be a fun challenge. Go crazy with the different kinds of blings and colors to make the starfishes. Have fun!
For more of my future Coastal Summer theme posts, please follow me! And if you wanted to add my creations to your Pinterest boards, please follow me on Pinterest! Also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
And for creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! Starting June 2019, I will be co-hosting the blog hop and would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
See you soon!