Sometimes we’re tired of the same circle wreaths or square signs to be hung on our door or wall. For that, I made something different, an unique pumpkin sign for coming Thanksgiving. It’s made from cardboard, so it doesn’t cost you much but if you already have wooden pumpkin shape, you can use it too. I shared with you how to make this unique yet simple Thanksgiving Pumpkin sign.
Things To Prepared
There are a few things to prepared, if you are a crafter, I’m sure you have all the ingredients I used for this unique Thanksgiving pumpkin sign.
- Burlap rope
- Watercolors ( white, blue, green)
- Green flannel
- UHU Glue
- Black marker
How To Make
You can always replace the cardboard pumpkins with wooden pumpkin, but that’s not too frugal, isn’t it? Well, here I shared with you some easy steps to make my Thanksgiving sign looks unique.
- Take a cardboard and cut 4 pumpkin shapes in 2 sizes.
- Paint the cardboard pumpkin , one for each size with white paint for base.
- Paint the white pumpkin cardboard with blue and green and white watercolors. Leave dry. This process will need a little skill in painting.
- Cut green flannel for 5 leaves shape.
- Use burlap rope to connect the big pumpkin and the small pumpkin.
- Glue the painted big blue pumpkin together with the rope to its other big cardboard pumpkin to make a sandwich.
- Do the same to the small pumpkin and use the other end of the burlap rope. Let it dry.
- Glue the flannel leaves to the pumpkins and the burlap rope by using UHU glue to have a better result.
- Write the word “be” on the small blue painted pumpkin and the word “thankful” to the big cardboard pumpkin by using a black marker.
- Hang the unique pumpkin sign on your wall or door for Thanksgiving decor.
Do you have some cardboard laying around your storage room? Well, it’s time to upcycle them into a cheap but unique Thanksgiving decoration. This blue pumpkin sign is just great for wall or door decoration, especially if you want something new than a wreath for your Thanksgiving dinner decor. Well, have a good time making it!
For more of my future DIY Fall and Welcoming DIY Halloween posts, please follow me! And if you wanted to add my creations to your Pinterest boards, please follow me on Pinterest! Also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
And for creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! Starting June 2019, I will be co-hosting the blog hop and would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Be uniquely creative!