I just found this polymer clay that my kid love to play with so much. The texture is different from usual clay, it’s more elastic and moist. So, it’s easier to form a figure and less messy to play with than the usual one. The great thing is, by the time it’s dry enough, it would be squishy but still maintaining its former form. And at the end it will as hard as a board foam without cracking. For that, your kids can keep them as toys, like mini figures and of course Easter Eggs. This polymer clay can be a great activity at home for you and your children to have fun with. I had some great times with kid making this DIY Easter Eggs From Polymer Clay.
The polymer clay is easy to work with, you can make any form with it. Your kids would love it, they can go super creative with it. The best things is that the clay itself has already colorful and you can make your own color by combining your desired colors together. So it’s perfect to make Easter Eggs out of this squishy polymer clay. You can even make them into some key chains besides squishy toys.
The Great Things About Polymer Clay
There are many things I like from this polymer clay, and those things are:
- The texture is elastic, moister and not easily disintegrated.
- Polymer clay is not messy to play with due to its texture.
- Once it’s harden enough, it will turn into squishy.
- You can keep your making as a toy because of the squishy-like texture and after days it will hard like a board foam.
- It doesn’t crack when it dries.
- The colors selections are soft and vibrant altogether and you can mix two or more colors to get a desired color.
- You can draw on the hardened polymer clay.
In this case, after I make the colorful eggs, I can decorate them with color pen. Isn’t that fun for kids? It is even fun for me!
Things To Prepared
You would only need to prepare two things to make this Easter kids activity of DIY Easter and those are:
- Polymer clay in many colors
- Sakura White Gelly Roll 0.5
How To Make
If you have a pair of great hands to form things, then you would do fantastic on making these polymer clay Easter eggs. How to make these colorful Easter eggs?
- Take your favorite color clay as much as you want the size of the egg to be.
- Make a ball first until you got a smooth surface of the clay and then form an egg shape and place it in standing position. Let it dry. To get a great result, leave it dry a half day.
- Decorate the polymer clay eggs with gel pen in white colors (or other colors you favor) and paint it to be Easter eggs.
- Some you may want to decorate it with just colorful clay as if you are decorating a cake by using fondant.
Trust me, it’s fun! So, not just your kids would have major excitement doing these Easter kids craft of polymer clay Easter Eggs, but you would also enjoy it. You can make small Easter Eggs, colorful Easter Eggs, monochrome Easter Eggs, big Easter Eggs, painted Easter Eggs or anything creative Easter Eggs you can think of by using this polymer clay. Happy trying, also bring along your children and have fun with it on coming Easter!
For creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! I’m one of the co-host of the blog hop for Creative Week and will choose the creative posts to be featured on Creative Features week. Please come and join the blog hop and I would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Hop Hop and still be creative!