Flower cart is always a wonderful thing to see, especially a vintage look flower cart. Moreover if the cart filled with beautiful spring flowers, that would be a magical sight to watch. Since I don’t have any material to build a full size flower cart; I ended up making a Mini Spring Flower Cart from upcycling a square tin can. I had this idea circling around my mind for months and finally I get a time to finish it.
I made the Tin Can Mini Spring Flower Cart with trouble finding perfect things to create the cart handles and the wheels, because I insist to use things that physically resemble a handle and a wheel without changing it a bit. And also cheap and easy things to find. And luckily I found those things in a mini home depot; well, actually the bolt and nut is a pair that my husband always have; so the ring bolt that I found is the main treasure. I choose it because it’s looking very simple, just simply round. Okay, enough about my idealism, let’s start with how to make my flower cart!
Things To Prepared
- Tin can in square shape
- Bolt and nut (two pairs) / any shapes that looks like a pair of cart handle can be used
- Ring bolt, any ring shape will do
- White acrylic paint
- Blue acrylic paint
- Black marker
How To Make
- Clean the square tin can and paint it with white acrylic paint.
- Have the bolt + nut that will serve as the cart handle and the ring bolt as the cart wheels, sprayed in blue acrylic paint
- Drill a hole to insert the bolt, ended with nut and secure it with glue so it won’t move. Make a pair of it to get the cart handle.
- Glue the blue ring bolt to both of the side front of the flower cart.
- Prepare a beautiful hand writing of “Spring Flowers” and write it on the both sides of the tin can spring flower cart by using a black marker.
- Now your mini spring flower cart from upcycled tin can is ready to be added with lovely mini flowers. I used yellow and white Rose Moss.
Tips : You can use other mini flowers you like. The spring flower cart would look great with artificial flowers or as succulent mini pot holder too.
Interested to do a little crafty upcycling project? My Mini Spring Flower Cart from tin can would be a wonderful idea to try. Add more of your handmade spring decorations to your home. Or maybe as a DIY Mother’s Day Gift for your mom. Enjoy picking flowers you love for the mini flower cart, enjoy the spring bloom!
For more of my future Mother’s Day and Spring posts, please follow me! And if you wanted to add my creations to your Pinterest boards, please follow me on Pinterest! Also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
For creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! I’m one of the co-host of the blog hop for Creative Week and will choose the creative posts to be featured on Creative Features week. Please come and join the blog hop and I would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Be safe and creative!