Remember last week I made a DIY coin bank for Father’s Day gift? Yes, my kid was just kept bothering me to make one for him. So, here it is I made another piggy bank from plastic jar and of course in kiddy version. This time, the coin jar is looking like a cute bee!
I guess every kids would love a bee looking things, it’s cute and the yellow color just pop to attract kids eyes. I added gold pipe cleaner for more popping color and a pair of googling eyes for double cuteness! It’s super easy and quick kids craft to do, so don’t worry, anyone can make this bee kids craft easily, as long as you follow the bee coin jar tutorial which I have prepared for you.
Things To Prepare
This easy coin bank for kids is also a great example of recycling plastic for kids to practice. But you can always replace the plastic jar with mason jar, because the idea of “re-use” is to use whatever you got. Below are the supplies you need to have:
- Plastic jars
- Yellow paint
- Black marker
- Black paint
- Gold pipe cleaner ( or yellow would be great too)
- Googling eyes
- Hot glue
How To Make
Crafting this easy bee coin jar for kids would be a great way to spend time with your little ones during stay-at-home period. And also teach your kids to be more crafty and followed with talks about saving money. Anyway, these are my steps to make this easy bee coin jar for kids :
- Clean the plastic jar and make a coin hole and a tiny round hole on the lid.
- Paint the jar’s cover in yellow if your jar’s lid is not yellow or orange. Leave it dry.
- Take the jar and paint the jar in yellow. Let it dry.
- Then paint black color in two stripes to create the bee’s body. Let it dry.
- Take the gold pipe cleaner and insert it in the hole you have prepared on the lid earlier and secure it with hot glue.
- Glue the pair of the wiggling eyes to the jar.
- And last but not least, is to draw a cute bee smile by using black marker. Finished!
Super cute and useful but easy and quick DIY to make. This coin jar would be a fun lesson for your kids to learn how to save money and be organized with pennies since young age. We don’t want their daddy’s habit of leaving coins anywhere to pass on the boys, right? 🙂 Well, BEE creative then!
For creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts (anything, from recipes, home decor, DIYs, crafts, family, health to gardening) every Monday and get a change to be featured! I’m one of the co-host of the blog hop for Creative Week and will choose the creative posts to be featured on Creative Features week. Please come and join the blog hop and I would love to see you there! Join and share the news!