Tomorrow is July and Summer is here, nautical theme decor is usually one of a favorable style for home decor. To show the coastal style, you can pair your nautical decoration with rustic decoration. By combining the two styles, a beachy touch to your home decor will appear itself. That is what I did with my DIY Rustic Tray which I made from ice sticks.
Not just the ice-sticks rustic tray look good for farmhouse decor, it also looks great for your summer home decor. So you can use the rustic tray along the year with different seasonal decoration sitting on the tray. And the rustic tray is easy to do and cheap supplies to use. Perfect for those who loves frugal DIYs. The rustic look of the ice stick tray is coming from the surface created by the ice sticks and the washed white color style paint on the tray. And a little accent of vintage look tray holder that I get from a pair of rope curtain holders in bronze finish color.
Things To Prepare
You would only need a few things to prepare for crafting this rustic tray made from popsicle sticks. Here are the very short list of supplies you need to prepare:
- Ice sticks
- Rope curtain holders in pair
- White, black and dark blue acrylic paint
- Hot glue
- Wood glue
How To Make
It took me a little time to make this rustic tray as I need to glue the ice sticks one by one. And several times of painting works to get the rustic tone looks right. Anyway, let me explain in details on below steps on how to make DIY Rustic Tray from Ice Sticks :
- Glue the lolly sticks one by one by using wood glue until you get the desired length. I made it in 14.5 inches (around 37 cm). Let it sits and make sure it’s firm enough.
- Paint the tray with white acrylic paint or you can spray paint it. Let it dry.
- Apply a little amount of black and dark blue paint, here and there on the white painted tray. Then, paint them again with white paint. Paint it with white over and over until you got the rustic washed tone. Leave it dry.
- Take the pair of rope curtain holder and glue each of them on the left and right of the ice stick tray by using hot glue. Let it dry and your white rustic tray is finished!
You can pair it with some coastal theme decoration to get a summer look; like what I did on the picture by adding some nautical jute coasters and some seashells on the tray. It’s an easy DIY because you don’t need some big tools to cut the some wood planks to make a tray; but you will only need some popsicle sticks to make it. It’s more like a craft since you only deal with ice sticks and glue. Sounds simple? Have a try and be creative!
For creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts (anything, from recipes, home decor, DIYs, crafts, family, health to gardening) every Monday and get a change to be featured! I’m one of the co-host of the blog hop for Creative Week and will choose the creative posts to be featured on Creative Features week. Please come and join the blog hop and I would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Stay at Home and Stay Creative!