DIY Pumpkins Halloween Sign – Trick Or Treat
Halloween decor would not be perfect without the halloween sign. Therefor, I came across the idea to use ice sticks again as the sign board like I did last time with DIY Fall (in love) Sign. I love the texture that created from the row of the popsicle sticks. I looks great with spray paint, especially white as a sign board base. For the design of the halloween sign, I drew some pumpkins in black, white and orange with the halloween signature sentiment, which is “trick or treat”.
It’s a simple project that only used a little skill of painting, but you can always trick the painting part by using stamps, printing and decoupage. The key to great picture plus sentiment sign board is the sentiment itself and how to present it, the colors, and the interesting object / picture that we want to exposed. Choose the style, the colors, the sentiment and the picture, then you are good to go.
So what did I prepare for my trick or treat pumpkins halloween sign?
- Ice sticks
- White spray paint
- Black acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Orange acrylic paint
- Paint brush
It’s mostly a painting job I should say. So, the steps to do it are basically painting, except for the sign board base;
- Line up the ice sticks vertically with the length of around 3 x one ice stick length.
- Glue some structure ice sticks to the ice sticks – row in horizontal like making a fence. Let it dry.
- Spray paint the ice sticks blank sign with white spray paint. Let it dry.
- Draw a sketch of the sentiment and the three pumpkins with pencil.
- Paint the first bottom pumpkin with black, then the second with orange and the third with white and some silly pumpkin face. Add some shading to elevate the pumpkins’ look. Don’t forget the leaves.
- Paint the sentiment “Trick or Treat” with black acrylic paint. Let it dry.
- The Halloween Pumpkins Sign with the wording of Trick or Treat is finished!
Inspired to try out your own halloween sign? Gather all your crafting tools and start creating a halloween sign yourself. Have a fun creating and enjoy some treats while you making it!
See you soon!
Create and creativity!
I entered below challenges for this diy Halloween Pumpkins Sign – Trick or Treat :
- Try It On Tuesday – Trick or treat, its halloween
- Craft Rocket – Autumn / Halloween
- Unicorn Challenge – Autumn / Halloween
- Brown Sugar Challenge – Autumn / Halloween
- A Vintage Journey – Autumn Splendor
- International Art & Soul – Black and orange
- Sparkles Monthly Challenges – Colour Project – orange and black
- Crafty Addicts – Spook it up
- That’s Crafty – Spookalicious
- Crafting By Design – Boo-Scare me!
- Sisterhood of the Crafters – Cute spooks
- 613 Avenue Create – Something wooden
- Country View Challenge – Plant-tastic
- Stinkin’ Inkers – The eyes have it