Halloween must be one of the most exciting celebration for kids; who wouldn’t want to wear cool costume and get lots of candies on Halloween trick or treat?! Well, mommies, I have some cheap DIY Halloween but cool looking ideas to give your kids a bigger smile to go on trick or treat. I made a Halloween trick or treat buckets with 3 different looks, a scary pumpkin, a witch ghost and a cute Frankenstein. Just choose your favorite!
Things To Prepare
It’s a cheap Halloween DIY because I upcycled a paper bowl and use any scrap I have that match the colors I need. So here is the list of things I used to make this trick or treat buckets :
- Paper bowls ( I got it from food delivery)
- Craft foam (green and brown)
- Black card
- kraft card
- paper wrap in black and white
- Orange pumpkin, green, and purple (from red and blue, plus white) watercolor
- Black marker
- Silver marker
How To Make
Easy diy to make for your Halloween trick or treat candy hunting. So let me share you how the steps are:
- Paint paper bowl used as a bucket, each with different color of orange pumpkin, green and purple. Let it dry.
- Cut the kraft card around 1 inch for the handle, then wrap it with black and white paper wrap.
- Attach the handle to each bucket by using stapler.
- Cut black card in the shape of Frankenstein’s hair, make two sets. Then glue each to the side of the handle. Draw eyes, stitched lips and couple of stitches with black marker on two sides of the bucket, right under the hair. Your Frankenstein trick or treat bucket is ready!
- Cut two witch’s hat from black card with glued orange paper as a belt. Draw a line around the hat and buckle with silver marker. Attach the hat each to the handle. Draw rounded eyes and rounded mouth with silver marker on both side of the bucket, right under the hat. Your ghost trick or treat bucket is ready!
- Cut two leaves and two stem from orange and brown craft foam. Glue the stem first and then the leaves to each handle. Draw Halloween pumpkin eyes and smile with black marker on both side of the bucket, right under the leaves. Your Halloween pumpkin trick or treat bucket is ready!
Easy and you can be creative with scraps you have for decorating the trick or treat buckets. It’s a great upcycle paper bowls project for cheap Halloween DIY. Your kids would have a good time making it or happily surprised to get them from you to cheer more of their Halloween trick or treat fun time.
For more of my future Fall and Welcoming Halloween posts, please follow me! And if you wanted to add my creations to your Pinterest boards, please follow me on Pinterest! Also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
And for creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop ! Link your inspiring posts every Monday and get a change to be featured! Starting June 2019, I will be co-hosting the blog hop and would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Trick your creativity to be a treat!